While running on the track there is a potential risk of injury! Do not overestimate your abilities and remember that the contestants themselves are responsible for their behavior and health on the track.
- Competition objectives:
- Promote a healthy lifestyle and to spend free time efficiently and actively;
- Promote endurance competition traditions in Latvia to the widest range of people available. Competition’s main purpose is to test your willpower and true capacity limit;
- Involve as many competition participants as possible to achieve the aim of a healthy and active lifestyle popularization;
- Create a project involving participants with different level of preparedness in the form of work collectives (using the race as a team-building activity);
- “Betsafe Strong race” is organized by the association “Event Agency” in cooperation with the association “Athlete Republic” (hereinafter – Organizers).
- “Betsafe Strong race” is attractive international competition, which includes classical cross-country running, different agility and strength discipline elements. The competition takes place in the open air.
- Both natural and artificial obstacles for its setting are used.
- The entire length of the track is marked.
- Place and time:
- “Betsafe Strong race” takes place on 27 May and 28 May 2017 at the recreational and sports complex “Zelta Zirgs”, Rembate parish, Ķegums district.
- Start location – recreational and sports complex “Zelta Zirgs”.
- Competition program
|· Arrival and registration of individ. participants:||9:00 a.m.– 12:45 p.m.|
|· Arrival and registration of teams||10:00 a.m.– 2:00 p.m.|
|· Warm-up:||11:00 a.m.|
|· Starts – Scout race:||12:30 p.m.|
|· Warm-up:||2:15 p.m.|
|· Start – Traditional Strong race distance for teams:||2:30 p.m.|
|· Award ceremony – Scout race||3:00 p.m.|
|· Award ceremony – tTraditional Strong race distance for teams||4:30 p.m.|
|· Control time end||5:00 p.m.|
|· Arrival and registration of individ. participants:||9:00 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.|
|· Arrival and registration of teams||10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.|
|· Warm-up:||10:35 a.m.|
|· Start – Traditional Strong race distance for men’s:||11:00 a.m.|
|· Warm-up:||11:15 a.m.|
|· Start – Traditional Strong race distance for women’s:||11:30 a.m.|
|· Warm-up:||11:45 a.m.|
|· Start – Elite group for women’s:||12:00 p.m.|
|· Warm-up:||12:30 p.m.|
|· Start – Elite group for men’s:||1:00 p.m.|
|· Warm-up:||1:30 p.m.|
|· Start – Elite group for teams:||2:00 p.m.|
|· Award ceremony – Traditional Strong race distance:||2:30 p.m.|
|· Award ceremony – Elite groups:||4:30 p.m.|
|· Control time end:||4:30 p.m.|
The competition program can be changed depending on the number of participants.
- The competition takes place in a marked track and is not assessed as a classic cross-country running competition;
- The length of the track is 12 kilometers. The track has an expressive relief and it contains more than 30 man-made and natural obstacles.
- The estimated time to for the fastest participant to finish the track is less than 1 hour. Race control time is 2h 30 min.
- Participants must strictly follow the marked track. If for any reason a participant goes off the track, he/she needs to return to the track exactly at the same place where he/she left it.
- Track and obstacles can be changed due to unfavorable weather conditions (icing, etc.) or other objective reasons.
Certain obstacles can be removed.
- The distance is divided as follows:
- Scout race (5 km)
- Traditional Strong race distance (9 km)
- Elite group (12 km)
- To participate , in the traditional Strong race distance (9km) or the Elite group (12km) any person who at the race day is at least 18 years of age may apply; to participate in the Scout race a person with at least 16 years of age may apply.
- Participants, who want to participate in traditional Strong race distance (9km) or the Elite group (12km) and are below 18 years of age, need a notarized parental permission to participate in the organized Competitions, as well as one of the parents/guardians must be located in the event area.
- The competition takes place in the following groups:
- Individual – Elite group for women’s (12km) *
- Individual – Traditional Strong race distance for women’s (9km)
- Individual – Elite group for men’s (12km) *
- Individual – Traditional Strong race distance for men’s (9km)
- Elite group for teams (12km) *
- Traditional Strong race distance for teams (9km)
- Individual – Scout race
* Elite groups – indicative distance length is 12 km, more obstacles than in traditional Strong race distance start and money prizes (see point 9.3.)
* Traditional Strong race distance – indicative distance length is 9 km, less obstacles than in the Elite groups.
- Participants in the women and men groups start individually.
- In the team, group participants start in a team of four people. It is necessary that both genders are represented.
- Within the Elite race team group there are certain test groups – Local group, Company group and University group, in which it is possible to win special prizes. Participating teams of these groups are also evaluated in the total team class test.
- Personally subscribing on the Participant registration certificate, the participant declares that he/she:
- takes part in the race on his/her own free will, knowing and understanding the potential risks related to it;
- undertakes not to raise any claims against the organizers in case of possible injuries resulting from the participant’s own fault, underestimation of conditions or due to congestion;
- he/she takes full responsibility for their state of health and it is appropriate for conducting of the race distance;
- explicitly accepts this race regulation and undertakes to comply with it.
- With the signature on the participant’s registration certificate, the participant grants the right to the organizer itself or authorizing third parties to take pictures, videos, and other audio and visual information records of the participant, as well as to collect, store and process information about the participant in text, audio and visual media carriers. With information processing, among other things, it is understood the right to collect, record, enter, store, organize, modify, use, transmit, broadcast, and delete information about the participant. If necessary, the Organizer is entitled to distribute the information to its affiliated companies, as well as other third parties.
The organizer has the right to use the above information and data in the event advertising campaigns. Copyright, distribution rights and other property rights in respect of the taken pictures, recordings and other obtained information belong to the Organizer.
- It is possible to apply for the race via the Internet – www.thestrongrace.com by filling out the electronic application form.
- By applying and making payment with a payment card or Swedbank internet bank, the participant is registered in the race immediately.
- By applying for and making payment via bank transfer, the participant is registered in the race only after the payment of the bill.
- To register for the event an individual himself/herself can contact a team contact person. Upon registering the team members, the team contact person takes responsibility to inform each registered participant of the rules mentioned in the event regulation, particularly those related to the health and safety of the participants.
- After a successful registration, a “Participant Registration certificate” is sent to the participant’s specified e-mail, stating the start number assigned to the participant. Participants’ Registration certificate must be printed, signed and presented at the Registration on the race day together with a personal identification document.
- When registering, each participant needs to transfer the participation fee within three days.
- An e-registration fee is applied to all amounts. If refusing to participate, the e-registration fee is non-refundable. It is possible to register the participation at “Betsafe Strong race” Registration office. In this case, the e-registration fee is fixed at 30% of the participation fee.
- The participation fee is defined as:
- Data modification
- Team members and team name, as well as individual participants’ data modification is a pay service!!! The fee for these changes is EUR 5.00 (five euros, 00 cents). Applying for data correction, the fee must be transfered to the details indicated below, OBLIGATORY specifying in the payment order the team or individual participant’s start number (participant No.):SIA “Stipriem Events&Media”
Legal address: Gaujas iela 3, Riga, LV-1026
Bank: AS Swedbank
Bank code: HABALV22
Organizers will make changes after the payment is received. To apply for data correction, the payment order and updated data should be sent to the e-mail email@example.com.
- VIP service.
- A participant is able to purchase a VIP ticket by 12.05.2017 for a separate fee.
- VIP tickets price for one person – 00 EUR
- VIP ticket price includes:
- VIP parking for one car (passengers/viewers in the car – up to 4 pers., free admission to the event site)
- a warm shower after the finish
- a foil blanket at the finish
- VIP lounge with snacks and drinks
- VIP check-in – the possibility to receive the participant number at the Organizer’s office from 15.04. to 19.05.2017. Prior to applying via telephone: 67274443
- “Betsafe Strong race” T-shirt
- VIP member number with your name/team name
- Particiaption fee rules:
- The contribution fee must be paid within three days after the application has been sent.
- If a participant has applied and paid the participation fee and cancels the participation up to 31.03.2017. – the participation fee will be refunded in full, cancelling up to 30.04.2017. – the participation fee will be refunded amounting to 50%, in the remaining cases, the entry fee will not be refunded.
- All students and pupils, who have a student/pupil card with a validity of up to the race day 28.05.2017., can apply for a 15% discount of the participation fees for all application period of individual groups. A discount applies to a team if at least two members of the team are students. Discount to participation applies to pensioners as well. Discount does not apply to teams of companies and organizations (unless the organization is a student association or a university). Student cards must be presented at the registration on race day. Discount does not apply if the participant is already registered and paid the full participation fee.
- All national guardsmen and soldiers receive a 15% discount – indicating a service card number. The service card must be presented at the receiving of a number or at the registration on the race day. Discount does not apply if the participant is already registered and paid the full participation fee.
- For all participants, who register starting from 22.05.2017. and as a payment method choose “invoice/transfer”, it is mandatory to send the payment order of participation fee payment by e-mail to the Organizers firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, otherwise registration is not confirmed.
- The starting number of individual participant cannot be transferred to another person. Teams are able to make changes of the participant composition by informing the Organizers via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
*VIP tickets do not include “Betsafe Strong race” participation fee, it needs to be purchased separately.
- Chip removal:
- A chip is given at the registration tent (recreation and sports complex “Zelta Zirgs”) on the race day. The chip is given to the participant to use during the race and it is not the participant’s property.
- Each time control chip is unique and valid only for the participant to whom it was issued. It cannot be in any way changed, transferred or sold.
- The time control chip must be attached to participant’s footwear. The time control chip should hang freely on the outer side of the footwear. It may not be placed in the footwear or laid under the shoelaces.
- Participants must follow the route indicated by the race organizers and the distance corridor.
- After the finish time control, the chip must be returned to the finish corridor, taking it off and putting it in a special place.
- If the time control chip is not passed on to the race organizers until the end of the race, the participant’s race result is canceled.
10.Evaluation and awards:
- Participants will be given a start number and a chip – timing system. If the chip and the number is lost, the participant’s result will not be recorded.
- The competition winner is a participant or a team who completed the distance in the shortest time
- Winners of the Elite groups (1st-3rd place) receive diplomas, cups and money prizes:
- in the individual groups cash prizes are paid in EUR and the total cash prize fund is distributed as follows:
- In the team groups cash prizes are paid in EUR and the total cash prize fund is distributed as follows:
- “Betsafe Strong race 2017” is an international competition and all prizes are to attributable the REPUBLIC OF LATVIA law on Personal Income Tax.
- Scout race winners (1st-3rd place) will receive diplomas and commemorative prizes.
- Traditional Strong race distance group winners (1st – 3rd place) receive diplomas and commemorative prizes.
- All cash prizes under the LR legislation is subject to the income tax.
- Each participant, who has successfully finished the truck, receives a medal.
- The organizers will grant awards in the following nominations:
- The most respected (senior) member (individ.)
- The strongest university 2017 (team)*
- The strongest municipality 2017 (team)*
- The strongest company 2017 (team)*
*Evaluated in the elite group.
- 30-minute penalty:
- For not crossing the obstacle (Improper crossing of the obstacle is not crossing it)*
*Acquainting with the obstacle descriptions is possible a month prior to the race here: http://stiproskrejiens.lv/skersli/
- Disqualification is applicable in following cases:
- Any unsportsmanlike, rude behavior or fraudulent activities;
- If all 4 team members do not finish;
- If a member uses footwear fitted with spikes, football cleats or footwear with any sharpness during the race while running.
- For not passing the distance in full length or non-compliance with the time limits (2 h 30 min.)
- If articipant is skips the distance part – passes across tapes and glosses over to the next distance section.
- Compulsory equipment:
- There is no compulsory equipment. It is recommended to have sports shoes, windproof tight-fitting trousers and tight shirt/jacket with long sleeves, gloves.
- The participant’s number must be affixed to the chest region over the clothing.
- The participant chip that will record the participant’s result must be attached to their footwear. A time control chip should freely hang on the outer side of the footwear. It may not be placed in shoes or laid under the shoelaces. Participants who finish without the chip will not have their results recorded.
- It is compulsory to return the participants chip at the finish area after finishing. Also those participants who withdraw from the competition must return the chip.
- Penalty for not returned chip – annulled result.
- It is recommended to use adhesive tape to secure both clothing and footwear.
- *To avoid these penalties, it is preferable to keep up with the instructions of judges during the race.
- Organizers provide to the participants possibility to wash, a storage for belongings and medical staff who will provide the first medical assistance.
- Dressing area and showers will be available only to members presenting the race number. It is prohibited to store documents, valuables, mobile phones and money in the locker rooms. The organizers do not assume responsibility for the abandoned property contents.
- Keep in mind that your equipment (clothes, footwear) can be damaged during the race.
- Before the start remove any type of jewelry, do not leave anything in the pockets.
- Remember that a strong person is a kind-hearted person. Don’t lose tolerance during the competition, help another participant if you see that he/she cannot cross the obstacle and you will also get help when needed.
- It is recommended to take at least one supporter. The organizers reserve the right, if necessary, make changes to regulations, competition venues, time, distance, starting groups.
- Participants and fans attending events with dogs must have a muzzle on them. If the dog does not have a muzzle, the event staff have the right to expel the participant from the event areas.
- We invite all to be sensible and prepare for this race. The distance is sufficiently complex and the weather can make it more difficult.
!!! Participant has applied from the moment of receipt of the application and payment of the participation fee. The participation fee must be paid within three days after the registration!!!
- BETSAFE STRONG RACE GUIDE:
“Betsafe Strong race” guide is an integral part and addition to the regulation.